I had the pleasure of doing makeup for international runway and fashion model Diana Moldovan for her evening out at the 2014 Guggenheim International Gala charity benefit sponsored by Dior. You may have seen Diana’s face in a multitude of places including a campaigns for Giorgio Armani and Oscar de la Renta. She also graced the catwalk in de la Renta’s last living collection for Spring/Summer 2015 (where I also did Diana’s makeup as part of Gucci Westman’s makeup team).
Diana is one of the healthiest models I’ve met. She’s also very kind and smart. What a package! When the two of us get talking, it’s a gab fest about our love for all things holistic from tea to ghee, natural remedies and our favorite Chinese massage places in New York City.
For the night of the gala Diana didn’t want a face caked with makeup, but wanted flawless looking skin (which she already has!) and the makeup to emphasize her features naturally.
So to accent the black and hot yellow graphic outfit by Dior, I subtly contoured her face and we chose a bright orange lipstick with a teensy pop of pink to keep it interesting. Here she is pictured below with Dior’s Creative Director, Raf Simons. (These photos have not been retouched by me in any way. She’s just that gorgeous!)
- RMS Beauty Un-Cover Up
- RMS Beauty Lip 2 Cheek in Modest
- RMS Beauty Living Luminizer
- Christopher Drummond Beauty Duo-Phase Concealer
- Alima Pure Contour Shade in Sombra (the custom color I designed in 2013 which is now in their permanent collection)
- Anastasia Brow Wiz Skinny Brow Pencil
- Maybelline Mascara Volum’ Express
- Dr. Hauschka Transluscent Pressed Powder
- Lip color was Diana’s own. A combination of NARS and Dior.
Photos courtesy of WMagazine.com